1.5 pounds butternut squash
1 can condensed milk
2 cups water
1 cinnamon stick
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons cornstarch (can use up to 10T)
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Peel the butternut squash, cut into cubes and boil until very soft.
2. Mix the water (use the same water from boiling the squash) and condensed milk.
3. Take half the liquid and pour into a saucepan over high heat.
4. Add salt and the cinnamon stick and heat through.
5. Puree the squash and add it to the other half of the milk, along with the cornstarch and sugar. Mix well.
6. In a blender, add the hot milk mixture to the squash mixture.
7. Pour the liquid into a pot and heat through, until it starts to thicken.
8. Prepare the caramel for the bottom of the pan.
9. Pour the custard into the caramel-lined pan.
10. Let the flan cool until it sets.
11. Flip onto a serving dish with raised edges.
Makes eight servings.
- Posted using BlogPress