2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons onion, chopped
3 cups spinach, chopped, cooked (can use frozen)
1 cup milk
2 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon dry white cooking wine
1. Melt the butter and fry the onion until softened.
2. Dry the spinach by squeezing all the liquid out with paper towels.
3. In a blender, mix the spinach, milk, flour, salt and pepper.
4. Pour the spinach mix into the butter onion mix and heat through.
5. Once it thickens, remove the pan from the heat and add the cooking wine and mix well.
6. In a bowl, beat the eggs and gently fold in the spinach mix, adding a scoop at a time after each mixing.
7. Pour the mix into a greased bundt pan.
8. Place the bundt pan into a large Pyrex and pour hot water into the Pyrex until it comes up the sides of the bundt pan by at least 1".
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick or knife and having it come out clean.
10. Let cool for 30 minutes before flipping out onto a serving dish.
Makes six servings.
This dish can also be made with a layer of camarones enchilados (shrimp creole) in the middle of the spinach.
- Posted using BlogPress