1 chicken, 2 1/2 pounds, cut into pieces
3/4 cup flour
1 Tablespoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1. In a brown paper bag, mix the flour and spices.
2. Add a few pieces of chicken to the bag.
3. Close the bag and shake in order to coat the chicken with the spices and flour.
4. Place coated pieces of chicken on a wire tray in order to let the coating adhere well to the chicken.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 until all pieces have been coated once.
6. If you have remaining dry ingredients in the bag, repeat steps 2-4 to create a second coat.
7. Heat a quarter inch of oil in one (or two) frying pans. It is best to cook all chicken pieces at once so use a second pan if all pieces don't fit in the first pan. Do not overcrowd your pans.
8. When the oil is hot, lay each chicken piece in the pan. The oil should begin to foam when each chicken piece is introduced.
9. Cook until golden over high heat, five minutes on each side.
10. After the ten minutes on high heat, lower heat and cover each pan.
11. Cook on low for 30 minutes.
12. Remove cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes so that the liquid evaporates and chicken is crispy.
- Posted using BlogPress