Thursday, December 29, 2011

Torrejas Especiales (Cuban French Toast)

I do not like French Toast. Seriously.

The eggy taste kills the dish and the soggy bread grosses me out.

I know. Very immature.

Enter Torrejas Especiales, the Cuban version of French Toast that is often served as a dessert.

I never knew that Torrejas were French Toast and if I would have known, there would have been some reluctance to try Recipe #457: Torrejas Especiales.




Good thing I didn't know. These things kill your eggy soggy French Toasts every day of the week.

And if you're just one step ahead of me already and love Torrejas, you've got to try Marta's Stuffed French Toast. She stuffs them with guayaba and cream cheese. Muérete.


- Posted using BlogPress

2 comments:

  1. Yours look so wonderful!
    Stuffing them with guayaba and cream cheese just takes them to another level. ;-)

    Besos,
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A total level of awesomeness. I'm telling you, I'm going to make them for La Familia this summer. They won't know what hit them.

      Delete