Pork brains, approximately 4oz.
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup Cuban cracker meal (galleta molida)
Salt and pepper, to taste
Oil, for frying
1. Prepare the pork brain (sesos) according to the basic recipe.
2. Once cooled, cut pork brains into bite-sized pieces.
3. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Dredge each piece in flour, egg and cracker meal, shaking off all excess.
5. Heat the oil in a deep pan or deep fryer.
6. Gently drop each piece into the hot oil and fry until golden on both sides.
7. Place on paper towels to soak up excess oil.
8. Squeeze lime juice over each piece and serve immediately.